[tor-talk] [Tails-dev] Tails Mac support [Was: Training Journalists in Istanbul]

Maxim Kammerer mk at dee.su
Fri Feb 22 20:45:24 UTC 2013

On Fri, Feb 22, 2013 at 6:58 PM, intrigeri <intrigeri at boum.org> wrote:
> The remaining part of the problem will be solved by adding UEFI
> support [3] to Tails. We're currently making plans with Debian Live
> upstream so that this support is added there, and benefits all Debian
> Live systems.
>
> [3] https://tails.boum.org/todo/UEFI/

Don't you already regret basing Tails off a binary distro like Debian?
I mean, updating TODO lists once in a while and making “plans” sounds
fun and all, but not only are you completely dependent on an upstream
distro's features implementation cycle — you are missing the
opportunity to learn new things while implementing those features
yourself. I mean, Liberté was the first Linux distro to ship with a
UEFI Secure Boot-based trusted boot chain — do you think you will ever
be able to say something of the sort about Tails? Open Source
development is supposed to be exciting, not this… bureaucracy.

--
Maxim Kammerer
Liberté Linux: http://dee.su/liberte