[tor-talk] TorBrowser update???

JerryR j3rryr at gmail.com
Thu Feb 21 08:01:29 UTC 2013

> Did you extract the latest TBB into a new location or over the top of
> old one?
In the old one, but I deleted every thing first; some thing wired
happened thou, when I changed the location of the folder the problem
disappeared

> Either way, when you're sure the version you're using is x.x.x, & if
> you look in about:config for an entry that lists the tor browser
> version (& it's different), that's where it's getting the version #, &
> why it's still prompting for an update.
In the about:config appeared the right version
> That may not be YOUR case, but it can happen if you copy part / all of
> the old pref.js file into a new version profile.  Then it copies over
> the old version #.  There could be other reasons.
>
> If you did something like that & you KNOW you're using the latest
> version, you can either try extracting it again, or just change the
> about:config value.
I don't know why, but when I rebooted the pc the problem disappeared
(it's normally turned on) - I use W7 X64, may be the problem was
OS/explorer related. Thanks!!!