[tor-talk] Email provider for privacy-minded folk

Joe Btfsplk joebtfsplk at gmx.com
Tue Feb 19 15:41:52 UTC 2013

On 2/19/2013 2:11 AM, adrelanos wrote:
> scarp:

> Or he just ignored the SSL warning like so many people do.

All the replies make good points.  Question - how do we know which is
the real Mysteriousflyer, or if there are even 2?
The latest one hasn't responded how or w/ what he was accessing his
Gmail acct.  Sometimes from public wifi?  There are too many unanswered
questions & variables.
Has he checked for key loggers or trojans, that could capture his PW?
One simple way hackers get a PW.

He didn't answer if always used encrypted connection to Gmail, or - as
mentioned - if ever got a security warning & ignored it. Don't know
about Gmail, but some providers still allow clients to use unencrypted
connections.
If uses a laptop / phone, has he ever left it alone, while logged into
Gmail, or PWs are unsecured?  If uses an email client, are stored login
/ SMTP PWs secured w/ reasonably strong PW, or are they stored
unprotected?  Many other factors.