[tor-talk] Email provider for privacy-minded folk

bvvq beveryveryquiet at lavabit.com
Wed Feb 13 09:58:41 UTC 2013

On 12/02/2013 3:15 PM, Joe Btfsplk wrote:
> Here's an article someone pointed out on email providers & privacy; if
> allow signing up w/ Tor, etc.: the_simple_computer
> <http://www.thesimplecomputer.info/articles/email-for-privacy.html>
> They all have + & -, depending on needs.  For many, if read TOS &
> Privacy Policy closely, they may be better than gmail, but not as
> private as their hype says.

Great link. Interesting site.
(It's amazing that the web is so vast that after 15 years online, there
are still websites tucked away that I haven't seen.)

> I took the info from The Simple Computer article & made a chart, plus
> current data (some not in the article) from several providers' sites. If
> anyone was interested & if I knew how to (easily) get it uploaded -
> somewhere - I could do that.  It's not the be all & end all, but has
> current info on several providers, including how long they retain data.
> It's now in pdf and / or .ODT format.  I don't know if it's possible to
> attach small files to tor-talk emails.

I would be interested in your data. Do you have any problems uploading
it to mainstream file sharing sites? You could encrypt it and send
tor-talk the passphrase. Or perhaps upload it to a .onion (I don't know
any off-hand).