[tor-talk] Email provider for privacy-minded folk

bvvq beveryveryquiet at lavabit.com
Wed Feb 13 09:38:24 UTC 2013

Hi tor-talk,

Thanks for the information about email providers.

Obviously, I currently use Lavabit but this email, and activity it's
used with, is kept separate from my "real life". My "real life" email
has been on GMail for a long time, which is what needs to change. Two
things I really like about Lavabit: that they've published their
infrastructure setup, and the simplicity of signing up. Two things I
don't like about Lavabit: location is in USA (I may have missed more
location details, though), and the email sender's IP is in the headers.
Because of the latter, I'm not convinced to use them as my personal
email provider just yet.

I really like everything I read about Autistici. I applied for an email
account but regardless if they approve of me/my reasons, I'm happy to
donate to support them. Those guys have a great message.

I'll check out the providers mentioned and report back on my experiences
in case anyone's interested.

bvvq.