[tor-talk] Another Hidden Service question

grarpamp grarpamp at gmail.com
Tue Feb 12 10:56:48 UTC 2013

> Does the fact that my actual IP address has changed (say my Tor client
> moves from a 3G to a wifi connection), or by extension, by Tor client
> has stopped and started, have any impact on the availability of a Hidden
> Service I am hosting?

I believe the answer is sortof. Your HS is still there and happy after
the IP/TCP and all rework themselves. But there are now probably
two different HS descriptors published in six places and you need
to wait for one to timeout. See what rend-spec and man page says.

If the feature doesn't already exist, it might be possible to add a
faster signed cancel message, but you'd have to retain state about
which HSdirs you previously published HSdesc to.