[tor-talk] TorBirdy 0.1.0 released - Our first beta release!

Nathan Freitas nathan at freitas.net
Tue Feb 12 00:57:39 UTC 2013

Thanks for the update from a happy birdy user! It has been very useful on my recent global travels, since many of the "free" networks I come across actually block non-web ports. Also as the person who does all of the GP email support, I am happy to not broadcast my actual IP in mail headers.

At one point in India, the network latency was bad enough that I had to disable TorBirdy because it made managing email unusable. I tried to sync at night and do everything offline, but couldn't quite get it to work. Perhaps it was more of a Thunderbird issue, but the sync/offline model of use seems the most appropriate as opposed to expecting realtime speeds.

+n