[tor-talk] Legal problems: TOR relay & Torrents in .de

Hendrik Neumann henne at armselig.net
Mon Feb 11 19:31:05 UTC 2013

Hey Joe,

thanks for sharing!

They're demanding €450 compensation for the alleged sharing of the
movie via BitTorrent. Plus €506 lawyer's fees. So in total we're
talking about €956,-

FOX is working with a German company, ipoque GmbH, that monitors
filesharing platforms. So they've logged my IP (the exit node), the
time stamp, the hash of the file in question and got a court order
that forced my ISP to handover my personal data to them.

Cheers,
Hendrik