[tor-talk] Tor Weekly News — December 25th, 2013

Ed Fletcher ed at fletcher.ca
Wed Dec 25 19:12:11 UTC 2013

On 25/12/2013 7:33 AM, Lunar wrote:

> The Tor Project now accepts donation in Bitcoin
>
> As is often pointed out in the press, the majority of the Tor Project’s
> financial support comes from US government-linked organizations. In the
> ongoing effort to offer as many possible ways for individuals and
> organizations to give help to the project, Bitcoin donations are now
> being accepted [8].
>
> As Roger Dingledine wrote in a subsequent comment: “We really need to
> get some funding for core Tor development, and especially for improving
> Tor’s anonymity, because none of our current funders care enough about
> the anonymity side of Tor. Outreach and blocking-resistance are great
> topics, but we can’t let the anonymity part rot.”
>
> Head over to the donations page [9] to learn more about how to chip in
> with Bitcoins or other currencies.
>
>     [8] https://blog.torproject.org/blog/announcement-tor-project-now-accepting-bitcoin-donations
>     [9] https://www.torproject.org/donate/donate#bitcoin

Nobody has mentioned the Tails crowd-funding campaign here.  The website
states that Tor is to be one of the beneficiaries.

https://tails.boum.org/news/fpf_campaign/index.en.html

They have raised just over $28.000 so far and it has only been active, I
believe, for a few days.

Ed
--
Ed Fletcher

"If you are not paying for it, you're not the
customer; you're the product being sold."
-- Andrew Lewis, August 26, 2010