[tor-talk] Firefox vs. Tor Browser Bundle release cycles

Al Billings albill at openbuddha.com
Thu Dec 12 01:38:25 UTC 2013

Again, I wonder what you’re doing to fix this issue or is this really just an informational awareness campaign?

Anyone paying attention knows there is a delta between TBB and Mozilla releases. I can’t comment on why that’s the case as I don’t know the TBB build, QA, or releases processes.

The fact that users are running releases that are older than the current TBB is a separate issue and one that has been brought up here and elsewhere before. Part of this is the lack of an auto-update mechanism, which I believe is being worked on, and that users are, frankly, a bit thick at times and don’t pay attention to things.

As to Firefox release dates, you could always look at our Wiki: https://wiki.mozilla.org/RapidRelease/Calendar#Past_branch_dates

Al