[tor-talk] Avg packaged cell fullness - notice in logs

Linus Nordberg linus at nordberg.se
Tue Dec 10 11:56:47 UTC 2013

Nick Mathewson <nickm at alum.mit.edu> wrote
Mon, 9 Dec 2013 13:30:36 -0500:

| To anyone about to report these numbers: when you say "non-exit"
| please remember to report whether you running as a client at all? A
| relay? A directory cache?

A directory cache is a relay with DirPort set to something else than 0.
(Not mentioning DirPort is the same as setting it to 0.)

My figures again, with more info (and slightly corrected):

4% TLS write overhead (exit     relay dircache non-client) nickname DFRI2
4% TLS write overhead (exit     relay dircache non-client) nickname DFRI3
5% TLS write overhead (exit     relay dircache non-client) nickname DFRI0
6% TLS write overhead (non-exit relay dircache non-client) nickname ndnr1