[tor-talk] tor mention in newle released snowden documents

Axel Arnbak a.m.arnbak at uva.nl
Tue Dec 3 02:51:39 UTC 2013

On 01/12/2013 10:06 PM, andrew at torproject.is wrote:
> On Sun, Dec 01, 2013 at 09:36:10AM +0100, rejo at zenger.nl wrote 3.1K bytes in 0 lines about:
> : This is not the same. Roger's e-mail is on the efforts of the Dutch
> : police, I was mentioning efforts of the Dutch secret services. The Dutch
> : secret services are all about national security, not about sexual abuse
> : of childeren.
>
> Ok. Fine clarification indeed.

hi.

if someone want to pick up on this thread, the nsa notes from that
meeting with dutch intel can now be found here:
http://cryptome.org/2013/11/nsa-dutch-sigint.pdf [3 pages, short
discussion of TOR starts at the bottom of p.2].

7 lines are censored by the newspaper, reportedly upon the request of
the dutch intelligence agency. after that, it reads 'they [dutch intel]
are looking at marrying up the forum data with other social network
info, and trying to figure out good ways to mine the data that they have'.

there's a number of theories circulating about what has been censored,
and why. any thoughts?

-
2013/14 Fellow Berkman Center (Harvard) & CITP (Princeton)
http://www.ivir.nl/staff/arnbak.html
https://twitter.com/axelarnbak
PGP 0x31FBA62B