[tor-talk] Tor and Financial Transparency

Juan Garofalo juan.g71 at gmail.com
Fri Aug 30 09:38:35 UTC 2013

At 02:16 AM 8/30/2013 -0700, you wrote:
>Juan Garofalo:
>> At 02:14 PM 8/29/2013 -0700, you wrote:
>> >This conversation is a little tired.
>> >
>> >The tinfoil hats are going to see any funding of Tor by the US government as evidence that Tor is really a front for it and/or pwned by it.
>>
>>         So if facts can't be denied, and basic principles of politics and economic 'incentives' can't be denied, the best course of action is to call any critics "tin foil hats".
>>
>>         I get it. It's a very amazing...non-argument.
>
>Seriously?

        Seriously what? You don't understand that baseless name calling shows that you don't have a leg to stand on?

>How long have you been on this list?

        Check your logs.

        How long have you been studying political theory and history?

>We discuss methods of subverting the NSA/GPA/key theft adversary every
>time it comes up here. It turns out this is actually a hard problem. It
>also turns out we're not doing *that* bad.

        I didn't make any comment about any particular technical issue.

>Unless of course you believe that all the leaks through Tor were
>sanctioned and/or orchestrated by the military industrial complex.

        What are you talking about?

> In
>which case, can I just say "Scoreboard, plz?" I think I can still say
>that here. We'll see... Avenge my death? ;)
>
>Anyway, I would ask that you attempt at least one of the following:
>
>1. Respect our efforts on this front. We're doing our best with what we have
>2. Provide citations to support your conspiracy theories of Tor's subversion

        Tor is funded by the US government. Your own sources.

        Tor doesn't work against a 'global adversary'(that is the US government). Your own sources.

        Biggest 'hidden' server on the network apparently taken down...by the US government.

        But you know what? I never said tor was 'subverted' by the US government. Tor isn't 'subverted' - it just flawed...by design.

>3. Find better meds
>4. Go fuck off

        Uh oh.