[tor-talk] So what about Pirate Browser?

Mike Perry mikeperry at torproject.org
Tue Aug 27 21:48:57 UTC 2013

Andrew Lewman:
> On Tue, 13 Aug 2013 00:13:10 +0000
> adrelanos <adrelanos at riseup.net> wrote:
>
> > It would be more effective if The Tor Project contacted sourceforge
> > and complained.
>
> For the record, we have at least twice. We've now engaged lawyers.

Yes. I also attempted to contact them at least twice, in addition to
your attempts Andrew. I think Runa also tried to contact them a couple
times.

I even reactivated my official sf.net account and informed them I had
been added to the project to make it appear as if I endorsed it without
any particular involvement or knowledge.

I was able to remove my account from the project, and thankfully I have
not been re-added, but sf.net did not react to my abuse/trademark
violation complaint in any way.

--
Mike Perry