[tor-talk] IP Cloaking and the CFAA [Was: Appearing American]

Scott Elcomb psema4 at gmail.com
Fri Aug 23 17:46:51 UTC 2013

I just ran a quick scan through my mail archives and didn't see this story
mentioned.  (If it has, apologies for the dup - it was not a thorough scan)

IP Cloaking Violates Computer Fraud and Abuse Act, Judge Rules
<http://www.wired.com/threatlevel/2013/08/ip-cloaking-cfaa/>

"A federal judge has ruled that circumventing an IP address blockade to
connect to a website is a breach of the Computer Fraud and Abuse Act, the
same law that was used to prosecute Aaron Swartzbefore he committed suicide
earlier this year."

Best,
- Scott