[tor-talk] Appearing American

Greg Norcie greg at norcie.com
Tue Aug 20 22:33:47 UTC 2013

Is the anonymity offered by a modified Tor utilizing only nodes in the
USA actually more anonymous than a VPN? I thought utilizing a subset of
nodes was considered a bad idea?

(I've seen people ask how to restict their traffic to using the top X%
fastest nodes and get replies explain why this is suboptimal)

-Greg