[tor-talk] pages time out very fast_no "network.http.proxy.keep-alive"

Joe Btfsplk joebtfsplk at gmx.com
Mon Aug 19 15:49:43 UTC 2013

Often sites I try to access w/ TBB time out almost instantly, where in
Fx (23) same page, at same time - loads OK.
The pages aren't "Tor aphobics" - as they will sometimes load in TBB.
Part could be THE IP address being used in TBB, to access a page, at
specific time.  Some IPs could be on a / their black lists.

I'm not sure when using Tor proxy, the about:config
*"network.http.proxy.keep-alive"* applies in TBB, but it's not present
in TBB, by default.

But it's in Fx.  1st, in Fx for the similar
*network.http.keep-alive.timeout* to work, *network.http.keep-alive*
must be true.

In TBB, there's no *network.http.keep-alive* entry (or
"...proxy.keep-alive", if it exists) and no
*"network.http.proxy.keep-alive."*

I'm guessing? this results in sometimes almost instantaneous timeouts?
In some cases, could be the sites timing out Tor Network connections or
specific IPs from Tor?

May be coincidence - not tested it extensively, but when I add
"network.http.proxy.keep-alive" entry & set True - in TBB, same few
pages I have problems loading in TBB, seem to load more consistently and
/ or faster.  This is w/ limited testing.

Anyone have insight on this topic?