[tor-talk] Tormail Replacement

Edgar S EdgarS789 at Gmail.com
Thu Aug 15 16:29:39 UTC 2013

From: Gordon Morehouse <gordon at morehouse.me> wrote
 > Edgar S:
 >> > The function of Tormail I need that suggested solutions don't seem
 >> > to have is the ability to receive and reply to clear text ordinary
 >> > Email sent from a non-secure SMTP.
 >>

 > This is a dealbreaker.  It has to have this.

 >> > Venezuela recently offered Snowden asylum, and has a general
 >> > reputation of telling the USA to F off. I have a contact in
 >> > Venezuela that can get hosting accounts with 5 Email addresses for
 >> > about $40/year. I'm trying to get more information now on whether
 >> > it could provide space for Tor onion services.
 >>

 > This isn't gonna cut it.  A Tormail replacement that's any good,
 > that's reliable, that's censorship-resistant, that's hardened, that
 > doesn't leak information in any of the myriad ways email can which
 > could serve to unmask a Tor user ... that will require professionals
 > to set it up.  It's not going to fly on $random_email_provider +
 > hidden service and a tunnel, or whatever.

Do you have an "expert" that could work (remotely) with my friend in
Venezuela? He and I are PGP-literate. He has experience as a web
designer and seems to know quite a bit about networking. He also speaks
excellent English and Spanish. He also speaks Portuguese and has
contacts in Brazil.

Note he hasn't agreed to anything yet, so I would need his permission to
go any further with this.

--
Edgar <EdgarS789 at gmail.com>
San Jose, CA 95123