[tor-talk] Tor Browser Bundle vs Pluggable Transports Tor Browser Bundle

tor_bridge at mail.md tor_bridge at mail.md
Thu Aug 15 09:14:42 UTC 2013

Hi All,

After reading
https://www.torproject.org/docs/pluggable-transports.html.en I'm
curious why the Pluggable Transports Tor Browser Bundle is a different
package/download than the Tor Browser Bundle? As we can see on for
example
https://blog.torproject.org/blog/pluggable-transports-bundles-2415-beta-2-pt1-firefox-1708esr
, the Pluggable Transports Tor Browser Bundle need to be
updated/packaged 'manually' by the maintainer(s), with an older Tor
version (0.2.4.15-beta2-pt1 vs 0.2.4.16-rc). And when visiting
check.torpoject.org, my Pluggable Transports Tor Browser Bundle says I
need to update because of security issues, but there is no newer
version.

Why not building the Pluggale Transports like obfs2 and obfs3 in the
'normal' Tor Browser Bundle?

A.