[tor-talk] Updated "Why JavaScript is enabled" FAQ entry

Jon Tullett jon.tullett at gmail.com
Tue Aug 13 04:10:34 UTC 2013

On Aug 12, 2013 6:16 PM, "Roger Dingledine" <arma at mit.edu> wrote:

> Hi folks,
>
> I rewrote our two FAQ entries on JavaScript-in-TBB, and merged them
> into one:
>
> https://www.torproject.org/docs/faq#TBBJavaScriptEnabled

I think it reads very well. Only change I would suggest would be to change
'cookie' to 'fingerprint'. We're talking about a unique identifier, but not
an actual browser -thing-, but that's probably just a question of style.

Personally I'd still like to see a message front and centre on the browser
homepage too...longtime users (and probably lots of new ones) likely skip
the faq entirely. Licence agreements and instructions are for wimps, right?
:-)

-J