[tor-talk] Tor 0.2.4.16-rc is out
arma at mit.edu
Sat Aug 10 23:48:15 UTC 2013
Tor 0.2.4.16-rc is the second release candidate for the Tor 0.2.4.x
series. It fixes several crash bugs in the 0.2.4 branch.
Changes in version 0.2.4.16-rc - 2013-08-10
o Major bugfixes:
- Fix a bug in the voting algorithm that could yield incorrect results
when a non-naming authority declared too many flags. Fixes bug 9200;
bugfix on 0.2.0.3-alpha.
- Fix an uninitialized read that could in some cases lead to a remote
crash while parsing INTRODUCE 1 cells. Bugfix on 0.2.4.1-alpha.
Anybody running a hidden service on the experimental 0.2.4.x
branch should upgrade. (This is, so far as we know, unrelated to
the recent news.)
- Avoid an assertion failure when processing DNS replies without the
answer types we expected. Fixes bug 9337; bugfix on 0.2.4.7-alpha.
- Avoid a crash when using --hash-password. Fixes bug 9295; bugfix on
0.2.4.15-rc. Found by stem integration tests.
o Minor bugfixes:
- Fix an invalid memory read that occured when a pluggable
transport proxy failed its configuration protocol.
Fixes bug 9288; bugfix on 0.2.4.1-alpha.
- When evaluating whether to use a connection that we haven't
decided is canonical using a recent link protocol version,
decide that it's canonical only if it used address _does_
match the desired address. Fixes bug 9309; bugfix on
0.2.4.4-alpha. Reported by skruffy.
- Make the default behavior of NumDirectoryGuards be to track
NumEntryGuards. Now a user who changes only NumEntryGuards will get
the behavior she expects. Fixes bug 9354; bugfix on 0.2.4.8-alpha.
- Fix a spurious compilation warning with some older versions of
GCC on FreeBSD. Fixes bug 9254; bugfix on 0.2.4.14-alpha.
o Minor features:
- Update to the July 3 2013 Maxmind GeoLite Country database.
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Size: 190 bytes
Desc: Digital signature
More information about the tor-talk