[tor-talk] Secure email with limited usable metadata

coderman coderman at gmail.com
Fri Aug 9 07:39:03 UTC 2013

On Mon, Jul 1, 2013 at 10:10 PM, coderman <coderman at gmail.com> wrote:
> my contempt for email should be evident by provider; ...  ;)
>   [OTR, ZRTP, others preferable many years now]

another one decides email is inherently insecure:
  https://silentcircle.wordpress.com/2013/08/09/to-our-customers/

"""
Silent Mail has thus always been something of a quandary for us. Email
that uses standard Internet protocols cannot have the same security
guarantees that real-time communications has. There are far too many
leaks of information and metadata intrinsically in the email protocols
themselves. Email as we know it with SMTP, POP3, and IMAP cannot be
secure.
"""

use other tools and protocols for private communication!  here's to
hoping TorMail stays dormant...