[tor-talk] In which places is using Tor dangerous?

mirimir mirimir at riseup.net
Fri Aug 2 21:55:58 UTC 2013

On 08/02/2013 11:49 AM, krishna e bera wrote:

>>> Foremost is often at your employer. Silly and unfortunate to mention,
>>> but true... even during some formal break and access room.
>>
>> In recent years, I've seen articles about Tor being blocked in China,
>> Ethiopia, Iran, Pakistan and Saudi Arabia. But I don't recall anything
>> specific about people being prosecuted for using Tor. I suspect that
>> active persecution is most likely in fundamentalist Islamic nations.
>>
>> Although Tor is certainly not illegal in the US, Yahoo! Answers has
>> deleted a question about the issue
>> <http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20130502043112AA9dl8z> ;)
>
> Do you have evidence that question was about Tor?
> I did find it on archive.org or google's cache.

A Duckduckgo search for "tor illegal us yahoo" yields this as the first
result:

Is tor browser illegal in the US? - Yahoo! Answers
Best Answer: Tor is perfectly legal in the US. Don't worry. ... I do not
think that it is illegal because most of people are using it for their
business. If you think that it ...
answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20130502043112AA9dl8z   More from
answers.yahoo.com

Visiting that link yields:

This question has been deleted

Questions on Yahoo! Answers are sometimes deleted according to our
Community Guidelines.