[tor-talk] HTML5 video and Tor anonymity.

Praedor Tempus praedor at yahoo.com
Tue Apr 30 17:50:02 UTC 2013

________________________________
 From: Leo Unglaub <leo at leo-unglaub.net>
To: tor-talk at lists.torproject.org
Sent: Tuesday, April 30, 2013 11:53 AM
Subject: Re: [tor-talk] HTML5 video and Tor anonymity.

Hey,

On 2013-04-30 17:03, luis redondo wrote:
> I can see videos.I suppose that it is HTML5 videos,so,isn't the same that flash videos? and can the anonymity be compromised?

no, HTML5 videos are not the same as flash videos. The problem with
flash videos is not the video itself, it's a problem because the player
is closed source and you can't control what flash is doing in there.

But with HTML5 videos the browser is the player and so in Firefox,
Chrome, ... its open source. Sience there is no other plugin needed the
browser simply fetches the parts of the video he needs. You can actually
watch that in a tool like Firebug, ... .

Greetings
Leo

--
Leo Unglaub
Nachreihengasse 39 / Top 7

Phone: 0650 / 6575103
Website: http://www.leo-unglaub.net
Twitter: http://twitter.com/LeoUnglaub

Send with Mozilla Thunderbird on Linux (Debian)