[tor-talk] Tor's reputation problem with pedo, some easy steps the community could take

Joe Btfsplk joebtfsplk at gmx.com
Mon Apr 29 23:25:55 UTC 2013

On 4/29/2013 3:29 PM, Chris Patti wrote:
> OK, you're right.  That's a bad idea - what about clearly labeling the pedo
> sites as pedo sites?
>
> And once again, please note I am in no way suggesting that *the Tor
> project* undertake this effort, but that people who operate the hidden
> directories might consider making it a little easier for new folks to avoid
> this kind of content.
>
> That's all.
>
> -Chris

Off topic reminder - for anyone - posting on mailing lists.

Unlike email, where replies are often place at the top, above quoted
material, the general convention on mailing lists (AFAIK) is either to
put replies inline, right after a statement / passage you want to reply
to, or at the end of the quoted material.  Unlike email where usually
only one person is reading the material (& likely wrote some / most of
it), potentially hundreds are reading mailing lists. Sometimes they pick
up in the middle of discussions.  Replying after the quote lets others
more easily read what you're replying to.