[tor-talk] ExcludeEntryNodes

hamahangi hamahangi at posteo.eu
Sat Apr 13 22:01:29 UTC 2013

#5903 and #6523. There seems to have been some fiddling with both but no
comments to speak of. Thanks for clearing up the reasoning behind your
decision.

Also a web search for "ExcludeEntryNodes" brought up a preparatory
commit you seem to have made earlier this year
[https://lists.torproject.org/pipermail/tor-commits/2013-February/052377.html].
I would have thought that the potential importance of the feature here
described in avoiding traffic correlation would outweigh the possible
disadvantage in having it behave unexpectedly, but I can't argue with
your experience.

Would listing all country codes except the one you wanted to avoid under
'EntryNodes' do for a temporary workaround? Is there a list of these
that Tor uses, or do I have to enter them manually? (I'm not a
programmer, evidently.)

Thanks for your response.

Nick Mathewson: