[tor-talk] NSA supercomputer

George Torwell bpmcontrol at gmail.com
Thu Apr 4 11:55:07 UTC 2013

i may be wrong but:
- we are talking about keys of every node along the path. how can you
increase that just locally?
- keep in mind that we dont know if factoring such a key is likely, if i
remember correctly that talk mentioned huge amounts of computation power
and electricity.
    something like a year for a 40 mega watt consuming data center per 1024
bit key. <maybe way off, but the point being - its really expensive.>
    on the other hand its rumored that the utah data center will have 65
mega watts from its own power station.
im pretty sure that the developers will move us safely from these keys as
soon as its needed :)