[tor-talk] Can OpenVPN servers be run as Tor hidden services?

Bernhard R. Fischer bf at abenteuerland.at
Tue Apr 2 10:28:13 UTC 2013

On Wednesday 27 March 2013 17:20:10 grarpamp wrote:
> >> https://www.cypherpunk.at/onioncat/
> >
> > Using OnionCat, would I be establishing a private point-to-point
> > connection to the remote IPv6 address? Or would I be connecting to a
> > common multi-point VPN, through which I could reach the remote IPv6
> > address?
>
> Read through the given link, the connection model is detailed there.
> OnionCat does not yet perform optional source authentication HS
> handshake, so if you want that you'll need another layer.

Yes, you are right. The destination OC reuses the TCP session of the incoming
connection.

But it would be not much effort to implement this into OC. Actually I did it
by intense because using a separate connection back would double the HS
connection setup time which was extremely high (up to 30 seconds) at the time
OC was developed.

We are currently polishing the website, the code of OC and so on up. Probably
I'll add this feature.

Bernhard