[tor-talk] Tor and P2P (XMPP?)

Fabio Pietrosanti (naif) lists at infosecurity.ch
Thu Sep 27 08:57:24 UTC 2012

On 9/26/12 8:48 PM, Mike Perry wrote:

> For 1: It would seem to me that a system that ships a local torified
> XMPP server would satisfy this. XMPP is fully decentralized, and
> maintains persistent connections between servers. Each user would run
> their own server over .onion.
Something like that will be done very soon by CryptoCat Project with
CryptoCat Portable Server, using the APAF (Anonymous Python Application
Framework) https://github.com/kaepora/cryptocat/issues/81 .

It maybe so nice to add such a link between servers to create a fully
federated XMPP network on top of Tor Darknet with easy to be installed
new XMPP servers.

Fabio