[tor-talk] Tor and P2P

meh. meh at schizofreni.co
Wed Sep 26 04:38:03 UTC 2012

I'll be short because I'm not used to mailing lists, it's 6 AM and I
haven't slept yet.

After implementing the torchat protocol and seeing how bad it is, but
how nice the idea is, I started thinking it would be cool to have a
more general protocol for P2P use through hidden services.

My question is, how would it scale and what would be the implications
of such a system (every user would be a hidden service and would be
constantly connected to other hidden services it wants to interact
with)?

Would it be a good addition to the Tor world to have a P2P base and a
set of standardized extensions (private chat, groupchat, identities,
address book, broadcasting, ...) or would it be a hindrance?