[tor-talk] VPS provider

SiNA Rabbani sina at redteam.io
Tue Sep 25 22:19:31 UTC 2012

You cam lock down your .onion using this feature:

HiddenServiceAuthorizeClient auth-type client-name,client-name,…

If configured, the hidden service is accessible for authorized clients
only. The auth-type can either be 'basic' for a general-purpose
authorization protocol or 'stealth' for a less scalable protocol that
also hides service activity from unauthorized clients. Only clients that
are listed here are authorized to access the hidden service. Valid
client names are 1 to 19 characters long and only use characters in
A-Za-z0-9+-_ (no spaces). If this option is set, the hidden service is
not accessible for clients without authorization any more. Generated
authorization data can be found in the hostname file. Clients need to
put this authorization data in their configuration file using HidServAuth.

As far as getting a linux box with SSH, there are already some good
recommendations in this email thread.

--SiNA