[tor-talk] Running two TBBs at a time

andrew at torproject.is andrew at torproject.is
Tue Sep 25 12:26:38 UTC 2012

On Tue, Sep 25, 2012 at 02:04:02PM +0200, antispam06 at sent.at wrote 0.8K bytes in 22 lines about:
: > This depends on your desktop environment. Some pile all of the icons
: > together.
:
: Icons. I wrote desktops. So you have to deal with windows, not icons.

Right. Gnome and Win7 seem to pile all of the tasks from 4 desktops
together on the task bar at the bottom. Now I have 2 vidalia green onions
and 2 tor browser windows, even though they are assigned to different
desktops. Yes, I can change this, but by default, all tasks and icons
are collated together on every desktop.

: Even in TBB?

Likely, the update checks just occur through Tor. I haven't investigated
personas on tbb. My approach would be to open the web console and watch
for all requests from an idle tbb.

--
Andrew
http://tpo.is/contact