[tor-talk] News from Iran

SiNA Rabbani sina at redteam.io
Sun Sep 23 22:36:54 UTC 2012

Finally after years of waiting we will get to see what a so called
"Halal Internet" looks like. So far they have completed "Phase One"
which is to disconnect all the governmental entities from Gmail and
other foreign services.

Next phase is to do the same with the entire population of Iran. It is
hard for me to imagine the Internet getting completely shutdown. I
suspect they will make SSL traffic very slow to a point that users would
give up and look for other alternatives....

Today, Iran started to block Gmail at different ISP and cities all over
Iran. The head of the unit that is in charge of blocking said that

"Because of the release of an anti-islam videos about prophet Muhammad
on Youtube, which is owned by Google, *The People* have asked for these
sites to be blocked! So we have decided to Block Google and Gmail
service until further notice."

--SiNA