[tor-talk] Does tor browser bundle can goes on Mac App Store?

Fabio Pietrosanti (naif) lists at infosecurity.ch
Tue Sep 18 10:08:12 UTC 2012

On 9/17/12 5:46 PM, Andrew Lewman wrote:
> On Wed, 12 Sep 2012 23:35:53 +0200
> "Fabio Pietrosanti (naif)" <lists at infosecurity.ch> wrote:
>
>> i am wondering if Tor is downloadable also trough Mac App Store and/or
>> if some consideration has already been done on that topic.
> It is not available in the app store. It has been discussed before, see
> https://lists.torproject.org/pipermail/tor-dev/2012-March/003382.html
Hi Andrew,

the discussion above is related to iPhone iOS while i've been referring
to the Apple Mac OS X App Store, that can be used to deliver signed and
sandboxed applications on Mac OS X machines.

It's also a "trusted" delivery method, in the sense that as long as you
consider Apple a trusted manufacturer, from technical point of view it's
a secure application delivery and update system.

On Mac OS X 10.8 i am using almost only Mac App store applications and
very few other signed applications.

We should also consider that Windows 8 will follow a similar approach,
so before or later it will be required for Tor to start deliverying
application trough application store on Desktop systems.

We've been considering that for APAF / GlobaLeaks.

Fabio