[tor-talk] How does Tor use my Computer?

David Carlson carlson.dl at sbcglobal.net
Sat Sep 15 13:28:37 UTC 2012

I have noticed in recent months a change in the behavior of the exit
relay I have set up on my computer.
I often have the bandwidth usage graph visible on my desktop.
In the "Olden Days" the incoming and outgoing traces generally followed
each other pretty closely, but now there are "Bursts" of outgoing
activity that are not matched to incoming traffic.  They have recently
become much more frequent.  I try to update when new releases become
available, and I am currently running Tor 0.2.3.22 rc on Windows 7.
I do not have any local activity correlated to these bursts that I am
aware of.
Is this behavior expected or have I been infected by some botnet?

David