[tor-talk] Tor 0.2.4.2-alpha is out
arma at mit.edu
Mon Sep 10 22:49:31 UTC 2012
Tor 0.2.4.2-alpha enables port forwarding for pluggable transports,
raises the default rate limiting even more, and makes the bootstrapping
log messages less noisy.
(Packages coming eventually.)
Changes in version 0.2.4.2-alpha - 2012-09-10
o Major features:
- Automatically forward the TCP ports of pluggable transport
proxies using tor-fw-helper if PortForwarding is enabled. Implements
o Major bugfixes:
- Raise the default BandwidthRate/BandwidthBurst values from 5MB/10MB
to 1GB/1GB. The previous defaults were intended to be "basically
infinite", but it turns out they're now limiting our 100mbit+
relays and bridges. Fixes bug 6605; bugfix on 0.2.0.10-alpha (the
last time we raised it).
o Minor features:
- Detect when we're running with a version of OpenSSL other than the
one we compiled with. This has occasionally given people hard-to-
- Log fewer lines at level "notice" about our OpenSSL and Libevent
versions and capabilities when everything is going right. Resolves
part of ticket 6736.
- Directory authorities no long accept descriptors for any version of
Tor before 0.2.2.35, or for any 0.2.3 release before 0.2.3.10-alpha.
These versions are insecure, unsupported, or both. Implements
o Minor bugfixes:
- Rename the (internal-use-only) UsingTestingNetworkDefaults option
to start with a triple-underscore so the controller won't touch it.
Patch by Meejah. Fixes bug 3155. Bugfix on 0.2.2.23-alpha.
- Avoid segfault when starting up having run with an extremely old
version of Tor and parsing its state file. Fixes bug 6801; bugfix
- Rename the (testing-use-only) _UseFilteringSSLBufferevents option
so it doesn't start with _. Fixes bug 3155. Bugfix on 0.2.3.1-alpha.
- Don't follow the NULL pointer if microdescriptor generation fails.
(This does not appear to be triggerable, but it's best to be safe.)
Found by "f. tp.". Fixes bug 6797; bugfix on 0.2.4.1-alpha.
- Fix mis-declared dependencies on src/common/crypto.c and
src/or/tor_main.c that could break out-of-tree builds under some
circumstances. Fixes bug 6778; bugfix on 0.2.4.1-alpha.
- Avoid a warning when building common_sha1.i out of tree. Fixes bug
6778; bugfix on 0.2.4.1-alpha.
- Fix a harmless (in this case) build warning for implicitly
converting a strlen() to an int. Bugfix on 0.2.4.1-alpha.
o Removed features:
- Now that all versions before 0.2.2.x are disallowed, we no longer
need to work around their missing features. Thus we can remove a
bunch of compatibility code.
o Code refactoring:
- Tweak tor-fw-helper to accept an arbitrary amount of arbitrary
TCP ports to forward. In the past it only accepted two ports:
the ORPort and the DirPort.
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Size: 190 bytes
Desc: Digital signature
More information about the tor-talk