[tor-talk] Disable anything but hidden services

Justin Aplin japlin at gmail.com
Wed Sep 5 06:15:21 UTC 2012

On Sep 4, 2012, at 3:57 PM, John Kipper wrote:

> Is there a configuration option available in Tor that will disable internet browsing and only allow connections to .onion hidden services?
> Or a simple modification in the source code to achieve the same thing?

Do you mean you're running a hidden service, and only want other people to be able to access your hidden service (and nothing else) through your node? If so, set up your hidden service normally [1], and then add the following to your torrc:

ExitPolicy accept 127.0.0.1:*
ExitPolicy reject *:*

This will allow exiting (connecting) to the local machine (where the hidden service should be listening) on all ports, and reject all other traffic.

If, on the other hand, you mean you want to connect to only hidden services *as a client*, without allowing any other traffic to exit your computer, then you've got me stumped. I'd like to know the solution if there is one, though.

[1] https://www.torproject.org/docs/tor-hidden-service.html.en

~Justin Aplin