[tor-talk] Tor 0.2.4.5-alpha is out
arma at mit.edu
Fri Oct 26 05:47:25 UTC 2012
Tor 0.2.4.5-alpha comes hard at the heels of 0.2.4.4-alpha, to fix
two important security vulnerabilities that could lead to remotely
triggerable relay crashes, fix a major bug that was preventing clients
from choosing suitable exit nodes, and refactor some of our code.
Changes in version 0.2.4.5-alpha - 2012-10-25
o Major bugfixes (security, also in 0.2.3.24-rc):
- Fix a group of remotely triggerable assertion failures related to
incorrect link protocol negotiation. Found, diagnosed, and fixed
by "some guy from France". Fix for CVE-2012-2250; bugfix on
- Fix a denial of service attack by which any directory authority
could crash all the others, or by which a single v2 directory
authority could crash everybody downloading v2 directory
information. Fixes bug 7191; bugfix on 0.2.0.10-alpha.
o Major bugfixes (also in 0.2.3.24-rc):
- When parsing exit policy summaries from microdescriptors, we had
previously been ignoring the last character in each one, so that
"accept 80,443,8080" would be treated by clients as indicating
a node that allows access to ports 80, 443, and 808. That would
lead to clients attempting connections that could never work,
and ignoring exit nodes that would support their connections. Now
clients parse these exit policy summaries correctly. Fixes bug 7192;
bugfix on 0.2.3.1-alpha.
o Minor bugfixes (also in 0.2.3.24-rc):
- Clients now consider the ClientRejectInternalAddresses config option
when using a microdescriptor consensus stanza to decide whether
an exit relay would allow exiting to an internal address. Fixes
bug 7190; bugfix on 0.2.3.1-alpha.
o Minor bugfixes:
- Only disable TLS session ticket support when running as a TLS
server. Now clients will blend better with regular Firefox
connections. Fixes bug 7189; bugfix on Tor 0.2.3.23-rc.
o Code simplification and refactoring:
- Start using OpenBSD's implementation of queue.h (originally by
- Move the entry node code from circuitbuild.c to its own file.
- Move the circuit build timeout tracking code from circuitbuild.c
to its own file.
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Size: 190 bytes
Desc: Digital signature
More information about the tor-talk