[tor-talk] how to access http://localhost/test.php through TBB

adrelanos adrelanos at riseup.net
Wed Oct 24 13:35:25 UTC 2012

esolve esolve:
> hi, I know this question may seems strange, but I have some tests to do
> over tor
> I set up a LAMP, php webserver
> and I want to access html pages on this server locally
> but it seems to me that TBB can't connect to localhost, the error
> information is as below:
>
> Unable to connect
> Firefox can't establish a connection to the server at localhost.
>
> how can I deal with this problem? thanks!

As Julian Yon already pointed out, you can not connect to localhost over
Tor.

You can either directly connect to 127.0.0.1 (localhost) with Tor
Browser or you can connect to your local webserver over Tor using a
hidden service.

Just set up a hidden service for your local webserver. Of course you can
access your own hidden domain with Tor Browser. The outgoing Tor
connection doesn't mind coming back again from the Tor network as hidden
service connection.