[tor-talk] help us:Korean government started to fine netizen who download child pornography without child

Eugen Leitl eugen at leitl.org
Tue Oct 23 09:52:03 UTC 2012

On Sat, Oct 20, 2012 at 09:13:39PM +0100, Julian Yon wrote:
> On Sat, 20 Oct 2012 21:26:33 +0200
> Eugen Leitl <eugen at leitl.org> wrote:
> > So, let's please not overreact and let the people who want us to be
> > manipulated by universal handles succeed. Because it's just where they
> > want you to be: outraged, stupid, and easily goaded by the ring in
> > your nose.
>
> I don't think such personal abuse is necessary.

You don't seem to know what ad hominem is. Hint: this wasn't.

In general, if a politician mentions any (or all) of
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Four_Horsemen_of_the_Infocalypse
and you're falling for it, you're thinking with your amygdala.
Which is exactly where the manipulator wants you to be.

The appropriate reaction is to yell "Why are you lying?" or
accuse them of hating our freedoms, which they most assuredly
do.