[tor-talk] Is this a practical vulnerability?

Julian Yon julian at yon.org.uk
Sat Oct 20 18:02:57 UTC 2012

On Sat, 20 Oct 2012 16:54:53 +0100
Anon Mus <my.green.lantern at googlemail.com> wrote:
> I expect most people would read your "remark" as talking down to
> someone.. more of a game of one-up-man-ship and given the tone of
> your most recent reply probably done to discredit my experience. Poo
> is a real stinker.
> [...snip...]
> I thought the times when nerds spent days looking through router logs
> fuming at the drones that attpemt to access your system were long
> gone, no? Sounds like you are living in the past.
> [...snip...]
> Good, because I was only telling someone of my experience just so
> they could keep safe.
> [...snip...]
> This "Hey prove it" nonsense could go on forever.. and I don't have
> the time.

Damn, looks like I need to repair my irony meter again.

If you make an outrageous claim with the intent of scaring
people into not using a particular technology, the onus is on you to
demonstrate why your claim is not, in fact, outrageous. From what
you've posted so far, it seems all you've done is notice a coincidence.
Stats 101: Correlation does not imply causation.

How about not being so condescending and give the community the proof we
need to make Tor safer, if that's actually your aim. Otherwise you're
just a troll (and we won't waste our effort replying to your bullshit).

--
3072D/F3A66B3A Julian Yon (2012 General Use) <pgp.2012 at jry.me>