[tor-talk] Will Hidden Service Be Removed?

Daniel Dennis sdjfjsdfiuhszduh at fastmail.fm
Wed Oct 17 05:59:40 UTC 2012

Personally I don't really like them. I think using hidden service as an
IP address for peer to peer (like torchat) is a risk factor although I
don't know enough to know for sure. (Maybe the already in place guards
fix that?). But I also think all the content in a hidden service are not
beneficial to anyone. Wikileaks may have been one but it looks like they
have no problems getting hosting/a domain and staying online

Is there a real reason why the or project can't just disable hidden
services? IMO no positive exists as the content can be served on
clearnet (once again wikileaks is fine and that is a big deal). Hidden
services is just carrying negatives.

I guess my question is will it be removed and if not can I assume it
will always exist and also why will it not be removed?

FYI I only made one anonymous app. No one uses it (although its because
no one runs a server) and its fully legal and only requires users to
access it via tor. No hidden services required.