[tor-talk] Tor Browser script pack 0.3: (multiple) Tor Browser, without Tor/Vidalia; behind a transparent proxy or Tor Router

adrelanos adrelanos at riseup.net
Tue Oct 16 20:14:17 UTC 2012

The Doctor:
> On 10/10/2012 08:59 PM, adrelanos wrote:
>
>> Alternative startup scripts for the Tor Browser Bundle. For
>> starting up Tor Browser without Tor and Vidalia.
>
> There's an easier way to go about it:
>
> https://github.com/virtadpt/Experiments/blob/master/tbb.sh

It's nice, you could even pass additional command line parameters such
as -new-tab.

> I use this all the time (TBB's version of Firefox plus the latest
> version of Tor from the Arch Linux repository) and it's a lot less
> code, so it's easier to maintain in the long run.

Yes, I believe that works.

I didn't mess with most parts of the original. One point of the
repository is upstreaming it. People downloading TBB inside their custom
Tor proxies should be easily able to modify the stock TBB startup script.

The extra code will probable not make maintenance so much more
difficult. It's unchanged over long amounts of time.