[tor-talk] TB download improvement

Outlaw outlaw at omail.pro
Tue Oct 16 19:12:43 UTC 2012

Andrew Lewman:

> Hmm, the large purple and orange 'Download tor' button on the index page
> was missed?

No, but average user need to click on it, then choose language (btw
the list is barely seen) and then click "Download" again.

> We have this already. When you click the big download button on the
> homepage, you are sent to
> https://www.torproject.org/download/download-easy.html.en. There are
> language drop-downs for the 13 TBB translations.

I was talking about descriptions outside torproject.org for
non-english-speaking people. Imagine blog post that describes benefits
of Tor and a link to page that starts downloading right away (or after
few seconds). And compare it to the same thing but with a link to page
that only leads to download by several (obscure) clicks.

It is not my imagination, people keep asking me to pass a right link
to TB, because they just can`t understand what and how they need to
find and click to start right download.

I was talking about something like this. (just random link from main
sourceforge page)
http://sourceforge.net/projects/winscp/files/latest/download?source=frontpage&position=5

You see, I can click on it, the page has info about what would be
downloaded and downloading is started.

Maybe I`m wrong, I don`t know, but imo the main problem for users now is
not running and using (it is pretty easy, thank to devs), but finding
and getting TB.

Ok, I am not going to argue with you anyway, you`re the boss :)

--
Outlaw