[tor-talk] registration for youtube, gmail over Tor - fake voicemail / sms anyone?

Abel Luck abel at guardianproject.info
Tue Oct 16 16:02:45 UTC 2012

fakefake at tormail.org:

> I wanted to register for youtube. For comments, voting... Youtube wants a
> gmail account...
>
> Failed to make a gmail account. Gave them alternate mail, correct
> captcha... First thing after registration they want is sms or phone
> verification... I have no such thing as anonymous user.
>
> Do you know any free voicemail server for use with Tor and gmail?
>
> Do you know any free sms receiver number for use with Tor and gmail?

Hm, I'm sensing a web service that uses twilio to provide short-term
SMS+voice access for this reason. It could even offer a tor hidden service.

Of course this seems like a good way to get all of Twilio's number pool
blacklisted. Though, perhaps that would not be possible? Maybe that
number pool is too large, or unknown, or used by too many others?

Hm, what about a webapp, that spinned up an ephemeral VPN on Amazon's
EC2 for several minutes? Surely EC2 can't be blacklisted?

Just some ideas.