[tor-talk] TB download improvement

Outlaw outlaw at omail.pro
Sun Oct 14 19:33:01 UTC 2012

Hey there, Tor devs :) IMHO present torproject.org is very difficult
for average internet user. For those who don`t know english well, it
is almost impossible to find proper link.

I think it is the question of resources - to provide multilingual
website up to date, which Tor team just doesn`t have. So I have two
suggestions that require minimal effort:

1. Easy one. Make a static link like
"https://torproject.org/download/torbrowser-win-latest.exe"

2. A bit harder. Make a page for each language and OS with script that
starts downloading latest release:
"http://torproject.org/download/win/de" for example. Advantage of this
method will be that you can provide some message, like version or
other important stuff.

People like one big red button DOWNLOAD and nothing else, so
if you couldn`t provide it due to any reason, you can shift
explanation and marketing stuff onto volunteers that can speak on the
target group`s language. Without static links it is almost impossible to
make people to "go there, click here, than choose there, don`t click
anything else"...