[tor-talk] Letter to A at cryptome.org

frihetnull frihetnull at tormail.org
Fri Oct 12 01:14:04 UTC 2012

Dearest A,

How are you this morning, my dear?  With great interest I read your
question to dear John Young of Cryptome dated 8 October 2012, published
here, http://cryptome.org/2012/10/tor-bradley-mannings.htm. John Young
may wish to note that Tor boldly states it is from the US Navy on their
Overview page, see https://www.torproject.org/about/overview.html.en.
They also boldly state past funding from the US Navy on their sponsors
page, see https://www.torproject.org/about/sponsors.html.en. Take a
bespectacled gander at "Past Sponsors". And I quote for your reference,
"DARPA and ONR via Naval Research Laboratory (2001-2006)". What a
curious way to hide an affiliation. Perhaps A should call up "tor
management" and ask direct questions. Contact info can be found at
https://www.torproject.org/about/contact.html.en. They even list an
old-fashioned telephone for direct voice to voice communications.

My genitals would quiver with glee if you published this information
months before Tor published the information on their website. Andrew
Lewman published the financial statements and Dept of Commerce Data
Collection Form on Friday, October 5, 2012, see
https://lists.torproject.org/pipermail/tor-commits/2012-October/047018.html.

Having recovered from a powerful conspriacy-gasm, you clicked links for
half of an hour reframing these documents to sound like a fantastic
conspiracy of control and puppeteering. You will also note all of these
data is easily found, gathered, and published in the name of US
Government transparency. The Dept of Commerce Data Collection Form gives
you all the source programs one needs to learn to find this information
online. You will note very few of such DCF forms are published ever. Why
would Tor publish this if for not to create such an easy-to-follow
trail?

Rather, I think the real conspiracy is that Tor published the documents
at all. Plausibly, they did so in the name of transparency and to the
horror of their funding organizations. I do so applaud the Tor Project's
transparency and commitment to such an ideal. They far outweigh and
garner more trust than Wikileaks could ever hope to do. Now if Jacob
would with Julian into the Ecuadorian embassy with Julian, the two could
bro-code and have endless recursion of bro-love for life. Sadly, my
genitals are left wanting for your publishing of such documents means
you did not do the faintest bit of work, rather Tor did it all for you.
Investigation, my dear, takes time, effort, and disclosure of something
the world doesn't already know.

Further, your own bro-love slave in Alan Taylor of PGPBOARD (CAPS WERE
FUN IN THE 1970s SIR), selectively used copy and paste to reframe your
own reframing of said financials and funding for maximal paranoia. You
two are aware that Al Gore, nay, DARPA invented the Internet, correct?
Your entire means of propagation is due to DARPA research and funding.
Imagine the backdoors in TCP, IP, Manchester encoding, and such other
protocols on which we rely every day.

If you want to recover some higher probability of quivering genitals,
publish Tor's 2011 990 before they do.

As a former American taxpayer, I do so wish I could direct my taxes
towards more projects like Tor. I much rather more Tor and Tor-like
projects exist than in lieu of the United States Government spending
more money on $22 billion dollar F-22 fighters that cannot fly and are
easily copied by the Chinese in 50% of the time for 25% of the cost. If
the US Navy and other military branches do wish to spend more money on
Tor, I say godspeed sirs. All governments should spend money on Tor. Tor
works, unlike smart ships, fancy jets, and other DHS/TSA boondoggles
bankrupting what was once a fine society.

Freedom sir, is a dish best served to all equally. Thankfully, elements
within governments are funding such projects rather than simply funding
more fantasies they copied from Metropolis, 1984, Brave New World,
Farenheit 451, and Kallocain.

I cross posted this letter to tor-talk because I know the Tor Project
will publish it unredacted. Unlike sirs John and Alan who selectively
edit for maximal conspiracy value.

Cheers bretheren, the fight for freedom continues aghast at your apathy
and ignorance.

Frihet Null