[tor-talk] Tor coverage by Japanese media

andrew at torproject.is andrew at torproject.is
Thu Oct 11 02:06:42 UTC 2012

On Thu, Oct 11, 2012 at 07:18:47AM +0900, rgc.srvradm at gmail.com wrote 2.4K bytes in 72 lines about:
: I'm living now in Japan. The new law, to me, is still confusing.
: I had a Tor relay (non-exit) setup which I temporarily disabled partly for
: fear that ISPs and law enforcement doesn't know much about Tor. And that
: would lead them to my door.

Thanks for running a relay. I've talked to investigators at the Japanese
National Police twice via phone now. They seem to have a good idea of
what Tor is and the difference between an exit and non-exit relay.

There should be no concerns about running a tor relay in Japan.

--
Andrew
http://tpo.is/contact