[tor-talk] Legitimate list?

eliaz eliaz at tormail.org
Wed Oct 10 05:48:50 UTC 2012

I hope tor-talk is an appropriate place to post this query.

I've been invited to a mailing list that is purportedly for bridge
runners.  The introduction to the list states:

This list will be devoted to providing TOR bridges to help people in
censored areas reach the free internet. Subscribers to this list can
submit ip addresses and once a week, a limited list of bridges will be
released to subscribers to help people (such as Syrians, Chinese,
Iranian etc reach for these bridges to access the internet.
<<<

I know and trust the folks who administer the list server software, but
have no idea who is managing the particular mailing list. I've posted a
query to the list requesting some sort of authentication, but so far
have received no reply.

Should I trust this list with my bridge details?  Can anyone suggest a
method of authentication, other than a facemeet, that I can suggest on
the list?  Finally, if anyone here recognizes the list I'm talking
about, please post your experiences.  Thanks, eliaz
----
pgp: E498E90D