[tor-talk] TBB equivalent for Thunderbird?

Jacob Appelbaum jacob at appelbaum.net
Tue Oct 9 17:50:53 UTC 2012

antispam06 at sent.at:
> On Tue, Oct 9, 2012, at 14:02, Jacob Appelbaum wrote:
>> Bry8 Star:
>>> i'm not 100% sure, if Portable Thunderbird would work under Wine or not,
>>> but worth a shot.
>>> Many windows Portable apps, does run using Wine.
>>> And what about loading a small custom Windows XP inside a VirtualBox
>>> based VM on Linux, then run Windows apps ?
>>
>> I'm not really a fan of this model - it doesn't lead to users having a
>> constantly updated and regularly patched application.
>>
>> All the best,
>> Jacob
>
> Sure, as long as there are native apps, why use an extra layer? But,
> Jacob, how about a vidalia pack?

I think the best bet is to produce a Thunderbird with TorBirdy and Tor
included. It is merely a matter of build automation and maintenance time.

First, we'd like to get TorBirdy actually working for most of the use
cases - we still have a long way to go - especially with Gmail being so
difficult when it comes to Tor integration... :(

All the best,
Jacob